Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mid-Week Timeline Check-In

Week of November 30th

∆ Update CV and submit to all websites: This is mostly complete. I am waiting to hear back from a colleague about something that will help me get it done. Of course, it is too long for at least one of the schools, so when I submit I'll need to give myself time to cut it down a bit and reformat (have already begun working on this in my head).

∆ Attend a class or event: I would have liked to attend a class this week in CT (especially as terms are ending and time is running out), but it didn't work out this week, at least not so far. However, I did go to one of the schools today for a workshop with the admissions department on completing the application.

∆ Take care of the last two transcript requests (F/M): Not done yet. The website for transcript requests for these two schools is the same website, and it is giving me a really hard time. Very irritating. But I have to get it done by the end of this week at the latest because I suspect these schools will also have slow processing of the requests.

∆ Write a rough draft of my Statement(s) of Purpose: Hmmm...well, I did work on it a bit at the application workshop I went to today, and I have been working on it in my head non-stop. But that doesn't really count, now, does it? I think part of what is delaying me is that I know I really have to write FOUR statements, though they will contain some of the same core elements, and that seems overwhelming so I am having a hard time figuring out where to start. I think if I got the HD one done, I'd have an easier time with the others, so maybe I should start there. But the others seem so much more surmountable, so maybe I should start there. Ack. Well, clearly I need to devote more time to this over the next few days. I got a good suggestion in the workshop today to start by putting on a timer for myself and writing for 10-30 minute periods without going back to do ANY editing until the first draft is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment