Monday, November 23, 2009

Minimal Improvement...I am Doomed

Retook the test again tonight. I felt I did very well on my essays, though they are unscored. However...I received 570 verbal, 470 quantitative. I ran out of time and actually just picked random answers for my last five questions on quantitative. Got all of them wrong. Also missed four questions in a row on verbal.

I am not sure what to do from here. On one hand I feel like I should just focus on verbal between now and Wednesday because it seems improbable at this point that I'll be able to top 500 in quantitative. If I could work a miracle and bring my score up to 700 in verbal, I think I could avoid retaking the test even though the scores aren't stellar. The program isn't looking for a math whiz, but they want to know you aren't too lazy to study. And a 1200 was my minimum score goal. That said, I don't know how much I can bring up my score in verbal. I either will know the words or I won't. Right now the questions I am missing are not all one type, but rather random.

I may have to come to peace with the fact that I'll need to retest. Unfortunately, I'm running out of time to get scores to the school, so the retest will have to be in another week or so...not sure how much I could change my score in that time either. Especially with work demands. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment