Friday, October 9, 2009

First, to Explain Why

I am starting this blog because of three realizations today:

1. My GRE study flashcards aren't cutting it for me. As I considered my expanded study options, an interactive blog seemed the least dull.

2. I really need to commit time to doing all the activities involved with my application, especially studying. Blogging about the process publicly is an easy way to hold myself accountable.

3. I made a to-do list last night and got overwhelmed. As a linguistically-focused person, it helps me to hash things out verbally, even on the computer screen, to keep myself sane.

I had one qualm about starting the blog, and that was that I would give away all my good secrets to others trying to get into the same programs. Of course this is ridiculous for many reasons, not the least of which are: (1) that I really don't know what I am doing thus don't have any good secrets, and (2) that chances are I'll be the primary person reading my blog.

So, welcome to my funny little land of grad school application madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment