Here are two vocab words, with a link to a sound clip and definition as well as the definition given by my GRE study manual...and several vocabularly sentences made up by yours truly.
truculent (adjective): fierce and cruel; eager to fight
- By nature she was truculent, and I did not want to provoke her.
- Because of his truculence, we walked on egg shells throughout the evening.
- We knew he was truculent, but we had no idea he was violent, and that he had the capacity for murder.
- That stage of my life was characterized by my reputation for truculence, and I had a reputation as something of a badass.
- It wasn't as much that she was truculent as that she was not only shrewd but also spiteful.
- Why such a truculent individual had been invited to what would have otherwise been a pleasant and friendly event is a mystery to me.
- I am sure they think of her as truculent, but a more compassionate perspective is that she is afraid and verbally lashing out in terror.
- If only he wasn't so truculent, his wit would be a source of friendship.
- He doesn't prevaricate, as he really does believe the things he says.
- She was rightfully accused of prevaricating. She had indeed set out to destroy their reputations, and she clearly felt prevarication was the most efficient way to do this.
- It was our president who prevaricated time and again, to the detriment of our national credibility.
- I regret my prevarication, and the financial ruin I caused many individuals in the process. I intend to be an honest, upright citizen once released from prision.
- Though I had a tendancy to prevaricate, it seemed only creative expression from my point of view, and I didn't realize at the time the damage I was causing simply through the things I said.
- If you continue to prevaricate, we will need to dismiss you from your duties, as building trust with our clients is the most important aspect of our work here.
- It is fortunate he outgrew his tendancy to prevaricate.
- If you get what you want through prevarication, you don't deserve what you get.