Thursday, October 22, 2009

OMG!

I am scheduled for the GRE!

I.CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I am going to take it nearly a week earlier than I wanted - and in Connecticut - because the slots were filling everywhere fast. In fact, I originally selected 11/25/09, but my session timed out before the registration was complete, and minutes later when I went back in that date was GONE! Incredible.

The whole process was actually a nightmare. I really hope testing goes more smoothly. But here I am. In the one month countdown.

(Thanks to the generous donors who made it possible for me to register today before this date too was gone...) I'll be tested 11/24/09 at 1:30-5:30 pm. As of 9:00 am 11/23/09, I am going into isolation for my final 28 1/2 hours of study. That will be complete and total isolation, so please plan ahead if you want to give me a ring.

7 comments:

  1. But you will need to sleep some of that time, too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I should have said, "rest and study." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just assumed that when I was ready, I could just pick my date. I had no idea they filled up. Yikes, I guess I need to go find that $150 asap, huh? COngrats on having the test scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Jenn, maybe it is just my area...but aaack! I had no idea either. ETS says to register in advance so you can get a seat in your preferred location, but I didn't get a sense of urgency from anything they say. They don't say that the seats go like hotcakes, but apparently they do. I grabbed the last day available in November within a two hour drive, and it was November 24th. If I had taken it in my own city, the last date available already was November 12th or 13th or something, and that just wasn't gonna be enough study time. Some cities had no seats open at all!

    It's "hit the books" time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. All that to say, I hope you get together your $150 soon. Good luck in getting scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scheduled for 11/18. I was hoping for around the 24th but the times from the 11/18-12/1 were *gone*. Yikes! I am in 2 week cramp time! I also started a grad school blog, you inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jenn, I am keeping my fingers totally crossed for you. I will hop on over to your blog. That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete